Custom frame protection kit to fit your 141 & 161.
The chainstay protector is designed to not only protect your paintwork from damage, it’s raised edges and soft rubber dampens any unwanted chainslap noise.
- Chainstay protector
- Seatstay protector
- Yoke protector
- 2 x Privateer stickers
- Remove any existing frame protection, paying careful attention to existing position for the replacements. Using a hair dryer to warm up the adhesive first can make it easier to peel off.
- Ensure an area larger than the protector is clean, dry and free of contamination. Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) or Acetone is effective to clean off grease and dirt.For best application ensure the frame and protector are above 12°C.
- Remove the backing paper from one end and careful align and stick to the frame.
- Gently peel away the backing paper while smoothing the protector onto the frame. Work from one end to the other and from the middle to the outside to ensure no bubbles or wrinkles.
- Working over the whole protector, firmly press it onto the frame. A minimum pressure of 1 bar (15psi) is required to ensure the adhesive has fully gripped the frame. This is with your thumb approximately equivalent to 4kg of pressure. Do not use a tool to apply this pressure as you may damage the frame’s paint. Ensure pressure is applied all the way to the edges and that there are no folds or creases.
- Allow to set for 24 hours before riding. If protector lifts, or to guarantee best fit, Repeat Step 5 periodically within the 24 hours.